This website (hereinafter the “Website“) is provided by matchmycolor GmbH (hereinafter “us” or “we”). For further information regarding the provider of the Website, please refer to our imprint.
1. Handling of personal data
In the following we wish to provide you with information on how we handle your personal data when you use our Website. If not indicated otherwise herein, we handle your personal data as such handling is required to make available the functionalities of the Website requested by you (Art. 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation).
1.1 Using our Website
1.1.1 Accessing our Website
When you access our Website, your browser will transfer certain data to our web server. This is necessary for technical reasons to make available to you the requested information. To facilitate your access to the Website, the following data are collected, briefly stored and used:
- IP address
- Date and time of access
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific site)
- Status of access/HTTP status code
- Transferred volume of data
- Website requesting Access
- Browser, language settings, version of browser software operating system and surface
Moreover, we will store the above listed data for a limited period of time to protect our legitimate interests in order to be able to initiate a tracking of personal data in the event of actual or attempted unauthorized access to our servers (Art. 6(1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation).
1.1.2 Setting of cookies
126.96.36.199 What are cookies?
This Website uses so-called “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that are stored in the memory of your terminal via your browser. They store certain information (e.g. your preferred language or site settings) which your browser may (depending on the lifespan of the cookie) retransmit to us upon your next visit to our Website.
188.8.131.52 What cookies do we use?
The Website uses two types of cookies. A “temporal cookie” is sent to your browser so that our systems remember your requests and can keeps track of the pages you view. It will be automatically deleted when you leave the Website. Two “permanent cookies” are sent to your browser. One is used to remember the layout you have chosen for navigation around the Website, the other remembers your user ID.
184.108.40.206 Subject to your consent
220.127.116.11 How to prevent the setting of cookies
1.1.3 Website Analytics
1.1.4 Use of contact forms
You can contact us directly via the Contact Us form available on our Website. In particular, you may provide us with the following information:
- Name, surname and title
- Contact data (e.g. e-mail address, phone number)
We collect, process and use the information provided by you via the contact form exclusively for the processing of your specific request.
1.2 Links to other sites
This Privacy Statement applies only to the Website, and not to websites owned or operated by third parties. We may provide links to other websites which we believe may be of interest to the visitors of the Website. We aim to ensure that such websites are of the highest standard. However, due to the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee the privacy standards of websites to which we link or be responsible for the contents of websites other than the Website, and this Privacy Statement is not intended to be applicable to any website other than the Website.
1.3 Transfer of data for commissioned processing
To some extent we will use specialized service providers to process your personal data. We have carefully selected these service providers and we monitor these service providers regularly. Based on the applicable data processor agreements, these service providers will only process personal data upon our instruction and in accordance with our directives.
1.4 Processing of data outside the EU / the EEA
Your personal data may in part also be processed in countries outside the European Union (“EU”) or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), which may have a lower data protection level than the member countries of the EU or EEA. In such cases, we will ensure that the level of protection provided for your personal data is sufficient, e.g. by executing specific agreements with our partners, or we will ask for your explicit consent to such processing.
2. Information regarding your rights
The following rights are in general available to you according to applicable data privacy laws:
- Right of information about your personal data stored by us;
- Right to request the correction, deletion or restricted processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to a processing for reasons of our own legitimate interest, public interest, or profiling, unless we are able to proof that compelling, warranted reasons superseding your interests, rights and freedom exist, or that such processing is done for purposes of the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to file a complaint with a data protection authority;
- You may at any time revoke your consent for the future to the collection, processing and use of your personal data. For further information please refer to the chapters above describing the processing of personal data based on your consent.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please address your request as indicated below.
For any questions you may have with respect to data privacy, please contact us at the following address:
4. Amendment of Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time, which we will publish on our Website. Any amendment to the Privacy Statement shall become effective upon publication on our Website. We therefore invite you to regularly visit the Website to keep yourself informed on possible amendments.
Published: May 25th, 2018